Missenden Walled Garden Charity at Missenden AbbeyApril 25, 2019
Live Music at Aylesbury Waterside Theatre!April 25, 2019
This is my version of Chicken Ramen, a healthy Pot Noodle, popular at Wagamamas and Noodle Bars. Cook the noodles as instructed on the packet or buy fresh or straight to wok versions.
Ingredients for 2:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 2-3 shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Shaohsing rice wine
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 6 pieces of bamboo shoots
- 1 tbsp cornflour blended with 2 tbsp cold water
- 2 nests medium egg noodles or ramen noodles, cooked
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- salt and white pepper
- Preheat a griddle or grill pan. Lightly oil and season the chicken breasts and sprinkle with a little Chinese 5 spice powder. Grill for 4-5 minutes each side until cooked through.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes then slice on the diagonal and set aside.
- Heat a little oil in a wok, add the root ginger and mushrooms and stir fry for a few minutes until softened.
- Add the rice wine, soy sauces, stock and bamboo shoots. Bring to the boil then add the cornflour mixture, stir to mix and reduce to a gentle simmer.
- Layer the noodles in the bottom of a bowl, followed by the sliced chicken and a handful of spinach. Pour over the stock and finish with the sliced spring onions. Eat immediately.
© Beverley Glock 2019