Risborough’s Christmas Lights switch on – 30th November 3-6pmNovember 2, 2019
One Belle of a pantomime is on its way!November 2, 2019
Ingredients: for 77 pieces of fudge
-1 x 397g can condensed milk
-450g caster sugar
-120g salted butter
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-100g dried cranberries, chopped
-100g pecan nuts, chopped*
-Grates zest of 1 orange
You will need……..
20cm x 30cm lined baking tray
How to make Christmas fudge… WASH YOUR HANDS
- Pour the condensed milk, milk, sugar and butter into a saucepan and set it over a medium to low heat.
- Grease and line a baking tin
- Once the butter and sugar have melted bring it to a rolling boil, be careful as fudge boils hotter than water and can cause serious burns. Stir this constantly to make sure the mixture doesn’t burn to catch on the bottom of the pan
- Boil the fudge for around 15 minutes, until it reaches 118c. If you don’t have a sugar thermometer drop a little fudge into a glass of iced water, if it forms a soft ball immediately it’s ready. Remove from the heat and allow to cool to 110c stirring constantly.
- Transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer, or use a handheld mixer, add the salt, vanilla extract, cranberries, pecan nuts and orange zest and beat until the fudge is smooth, glossy and has cooled to around 75c.
- Transfer to the greased, lined baking tray and allow to cool fully before cutting into squares.
- Omit for people with nut allergies