Explore the UK with Spear TravelsJuly 8, 2020
Princes Risborough Town CouncilJuly 8, 2020
This stile free walk takes in two Chiltern Society nature reserves that have some of the finest views in the area.
Distance: 3 miles (Allow 2 hours)
Start & finish: The Puddingstone roundabout at the junction of Horns Lane and New Road, Princes Risborough HP27 0AJ
Access Information: There is one steady and one steep climb and a number of gates. A short level walk can also be done from the Whiteleaf car park
Refreshments: Plenty of places in Princes Risborough
From The Puddingstone, turn right up New Road. Crossover Salisbury Close and take the first left along Upper Icknield Way.
- Walk along the unmade lane for 300m to a signpost. Turn right uphill keeping to the right-hand edge of the field to a footpath junction just inside the wood.
- Continue straight up the steep steps and through the gate. Climb the steps directly ahead and continue uphill to see the views from the stone topograph near the top.
- Take the path to the left of the bench into the wood. Go through the kissing gate and turn sharp right. Follow the path round the edge of the wood to a noticeboard and kissing gate. Bear right through the gate and cross the lane into the Whiteleaf Hill car park. At the far end, go past the noticeboard to a path junction.
- Turn right along the wide track, go through the gate and go to the left for views above the Whiteleaf Cross. Return towards the car park, ignore the paths on the left and stay ahead to drop down to a lane.
- Turn right down it for a few paces and bear left up the slope to a kissing gate. Go through, stay straight ahead and fork right as the path descends parallel to the lane. Where the path veers towards the lane, bear left and continue to descend. Take the steps on the left and follow the path down to a kissing gate.
- Do not go through but turn sharp left past the information board and along the wide path. After the path opens out, continue forward for a further 250m, turn right down a set of steps and go through a gate to leave the reserve. Follow the path down to a path junction near Waypoint 2. Turn right to retrace the route back to The Puddingstone.