Dedicate a light on Princes Risborough’s Tree of Light.October 25, 2018
Thame’s Christmas Lights Switch-OnOctober 25, 2018
This is the perfect starter for the lunch on the big day – you can make it the night before and the recipe will easily double up if you are feeding a crowd at Christmas!
Ready in 30 minutes, plus chilling time
- 275g honey roast salmon flakes
- 250g smoked salmon slices, chopped
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 125g full-fat soft cheese
- 2 tsp creamed horseradish
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh dill sprigs and green peppercorns, to garnish
- Slices of toasted brown or granary bread, to serve
1 Reserve about 25g of the salmon flakes for garnish (cover and chill in the fridge until required).
2 Place the rest of the salmon flakes in a food processor with the smoked salmon, butter, soft cheese, horseradish and lemon juice. Process until smooth and creamy. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and process for a further few seconds.
3 Divide the mixture between 6 small ramekin dishes and level the surface. Cover and chill in the fridge until required. Garnish with the rest of the salmon flakes, dill sprigs and green peppercorns. Serve with toasted brown or granary bread.
Most supermarkets sell packs of ready-flaked honey roast salmon but if unavailable just buy ready-cooked smoked salmon fillets and roughly flake the fish, discarding any skin and fine bones.