Thame Players Stage High-Fashion SaleDecember 30, 2020
Heart of Bucks launch their Winter Warmth campaignDecember 30, 2020
This is the next in a series of social-distancing walks across the Chilterns. A stile-free route which includes beautiful meadow views and woodland walking.
Length: 5.1 miles (Allow 2½ hours)
Start & finish: High Street car park, Prestwood HP16 9ER Grid ref: SP 872 008
Access Information: Easy walking on good paths and quiet lanes. Two narrow paths, two climbs and several gates to pass through
Food & drink: The Chequers Tree and Green Man pubs. None on route
1.Turn right out of the car park and left into Moat Lane.
- Walk along to Kimba Farm Stud and turn right down the concrete driveway. Keep straight ahead, go through a gate to join a track, continue for 250m and turn right into the woods. Follow the path down through the woods and continue straight ahead at the bottom to a road.
- Turn right for 100m and turn along a gravel drive. At the end, bear left of the house, climb to the top of the hill and into a beautiful meadow.
- Turn left along the field edge and through a gate. At a T-junction turn right and stay on the track to the next T-junction.
- Turn left and stay on the main bridleway to a lane by Cobblers Hill Farm Cottage.
- Turn left and immediately right past a pond. Keep directly ahead through the buildings and along a track to a path junction with gates on either side.
- Turn left through the gate, follow the footpath to a lane and turn right down to a road junction.
- Turn right for a few metres and left into the woods. Fork left, cross the glade and into Pepperboxes Wood. Stay straight ahead to the top of the hill and go over a crossing path towards some wooden buildings. Turn left through a gate, cross a paddock and past a gate onto the lane.
- Turn left then right into Greenlands Lane Allotments. Bear right past the orchard to leave at the right-hand corner. Turn right then left into Mandeville Road, left again and right into Kiln Close. At the end bear right between fences to a lane. Turn right and stay straight ahead to the main road. Turn left to return to the car park.
Points of Interest
A South Bucks Way is a 23 mile route from Combe Hill to Hillingdon.
B Pepperboxes Wood is owned by the Woodland Trust.