HummusApril 28, 2021
Chilli Glazed Salmon With Cucumber, Herb & Lime Salad April 28, 2021
We can finally meet up with other households but, it’s going to be outside only for a while yet. Let’s make the most of it then, with good planning and some fun accessories.
- Research your perfect picnic spot carefully. How far is it from the car park and is there a charge for parking? Are there toilets? Can you bring your dog? Is there somewhere to shelter if it’s too hot or there’s a sudden shower.
- Pack everything you need for the day: water, sunscreen, a lightweight waterproof (just in case), warmer layers and the all-important face mask and hand-santiser. A plastic bag for your rubbish will be handy too.
- Decorate your picnic area with battery-powered fairy lights, lanterns and some bunting. Get comfy with camping chairs or deck chairs, using your picnic basket as a handy side table. Music adds atmosphere, so take a Bluetooth speaker.
- Bring along games that all the family can play. Rounders and croquet are great, or organise a treasure hunt, play hide and seek, or set up an old-school egg-and-spoon or sack race.
- The best picnic food? Anything you can eat with your fingers. Sandwiches, mini pies, kebabs, chopped vegetables with dips, plus fruit and something sweet, for example.