Telephone: 01844 353267
Web site: www.chinnorparishcouncil.org.uk
Facebook: Chinnor Parish Council
Clerk: Mrs Liz Folley
Chairman: Cllr Robin Williams
- Please follow our Facebook page and Twitter feed for daily news – Chinnor Parish Council
- The office is now closed and office staff working from home and contactable on the details above – please do not hesitate to contact us if you need assistance.
- Due to office closure we are unable to sell any food waste bags or clear recycle bags at this time.
Stay Home – Protect the NHS – Save Lives
Essential Services and Takeaway / Delivery options in our Parish
Please find the UPDATED version on our website.
Waste Collections – Update
South Oxfordshire District Council has suspended their kerbside service collecting small electrical items, batteries and textiles for recycling.
(Please note normal waste collections for Green and Grey bin will continue as normal for now – this is just the extra kerbside collections which are suspended.)
They have issued a warning to residents:
Please do NOT put unwanted or broken electrical items or batteries in the general refuse (rubbish) or recycling as they can cause a fire in the bin trucks.
News from SODC
We have launched an online form to help local businesses apply for small business and retail grants.
You can find out more via the website http://www.southoxon.gov.uk/business/business-rates
Need a newspaper delivered?
Recommendation from a resident below:
Chocolate Box in Thame (01844 212715)
It is an excellent service, newspapers delivered about 6am in the week, 8am at weekends.
Chinnor Emergency Plan and Street Friend Scheme
The plan can be viewed on our website Home Page – www.chinnorparishcouncil.org.uk
- The Chinnor Emergency Plan has been active for a while now. It’s working as planned. It’s a professional document, written by professionals for us to follow.
- The Street Friends (SF) are coordinated from this Plan and all actions are following the Emergency Plan structure.
- ALL coordination of SF is coordinated by CPC / Emergency Plan committee and must come through CPC – firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01844 353267
If you need assistance from your SF please be aware of the following…
- If you call your allocated SF to request ESSENTIAL items – they will tell you the day they plan to shop – this is once a week. Most roads have more than one SF and they are in contact with each other so if one cannot help, then another maybe able too.
- If you need the items quicker try to contact one of the other SF they have had a flyer from, or call Good Neighbour Scheme if very urgent and life essential.
- Lloyds Pharmacist – prescriptions can be collected by a SF but please allow plenty of time and notice for all collections.
- Please remember our SF will only be leaving the house for Essential items / Prescription collections once a week, and not a few times every day for a few bits.
- If you see / hear / know of anyone who is struggling please let GNS know asap – 01844 353500
- CPC has compiled a list of contacts for all essential shopping outlets / take way and delivery food outlets – please find attached.
- All of our SF volunteers are told to follow Gov advice – for our own safety and everyone else’s. This includes social distancing which is of high importance.
- Advice is changing quickly as this is fast moving – please always follow the advice given.
- If you do not know who your allocated SF is please email email@example.com
Important Numbers and contacts to remember:
CPC landline (diverted to our home offices) 01844 353267
Chinnor Good Neighbour Scheme – 01844 353500
Download the Emergency Plan or print a copy
Download the “Chinnor Parish Council Emergency Contingency Plan” app for Android devices for information about how to support your community during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Android devices: search ‘Chinnor Emergency’ in your app store
iPhone and all other devices: a PDF version of the app is available on the Chinnor Parish Council website: www.chinnorparishcouncil.org.uk