Kenzo’s Diaries 6 – A Dogs LifeDecember 30, 2019
Spring Time at Thame PlayersMarch 1, 2020
A walk of stunning views and quiet valleys. Why not combine with a visit to the Chiltern Society’s windmill.
Distance: 5 miles (Allow 2½ hours)
Start & finish: On the verge opposite the Whip Inn, Pink Rd, Princes Risborough HP27 0PG
Access Information: A moderate walk with two steady and one short steep climb. There are a number of stiles and gates
Refreshments: The Whip Inn
Take the road opposite, Loosley Row, and head downhill.
- Turn left along Lower Road to a gate on the left opposite Foundry Lane. Cross the stile and follow the fence uphill. Go over the stile, bear right and along the top of the field. Pass through two gates, follow to the right of the hedgerow as it winds downhill. Where that ends, continue for a further 80m and bear right through a gap in the hedgerow to a lane.
- Turn left past Small Dean Farm, after 200m, turn right into a car park and through the gate at the back. Turn left along the fence, follow the path uphill and through a gate to a path. Turn left up through the wood and fork right to a crossing path. Turn left and out through a gate. Turn right along the lane for 150m and left through a gate. Continue along the left-hand field edge and through two gates to a road.
- Cross, head down the lane opposite and over a stile to the right of the tennis club entrance. Go over a stile into the former site of the Maize Maze. Go through two gates, cross a stile into a field and bear right over a stile into a lane. Turn left and, at the first bend, bear left 300m along the unmade lane to a path just after Ducks Nest Cottage.
- Turn right, walk forward for 100m and cross the second stile on the right. Descend to pass through a gate in the bottom left-hand corner of the field. Turn left and follow the unmade lane for 1.4km up to a house called ‘Datcha’.
- Turn right, follow the path between hedge and fence and go through a gate. Turn left along a wide track to a road and turn right along the pavement to return to the start.